Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Blast from the Past Blog Hop

Welcome to all you delightful blog hoppers!!
Today we are having some fun with the Taylored Expression stamps that were released prior to March 2011. This month the theme is geared toward the guys "Make it Manly." Father's Day is just around the corner so that was my inspiration! I've used the stamp set called In the Park. Love this set (what's not to love about it!!) it has so many fun possibilities to create! I've stamped the park bench onto a piece of Creative Imaginations paper that is licensed by John Deere (does that make it manly or what!) and it looks just like the side of the barn. Of course the picnic lunch basket and pup are sitting on it so it's difficult to see. The Gingham is a piece of designer paper from g.c.d Studios - The Great Outdoors Collection. Thanks to Sankari for supplying the fun sketch to inspire us!


Man's best friend (basket of food AND the dog!)



Other ingredients used: Card stock: Neenah (bright white); Bazzill (Pomegranate, Jacaranda); Ink: Memento, rich cocoa and Palette, black; Images were colored with Copics (sorry all put away so I'm not sure which ones I used); Glossy Accents by Ranger to "weather proof" the basket :-) American Crafts ribbon (and my stash - white ribbon); Spellbinders Nestabilities: Reverse Wonky Rectangles and Standard Circles large.
Here is a CAS card that I CASE'd from Regina Mangum, I've used the Kids At Heart set, I'm having so much fun with these stamps! I've used Bazzill card stock (base) and Neenah (bright white to stamp on. Archival Ink (Crimson), American Crafts ribbon and Spellbinders Nestabilities Reversed Wonky Rectangles are the rest of the ingredients. Clean and simple, fast and easy!!




Thanks for looking and leaving a delightful comment!! Enjoy the rest of the hop, you will find the rest of the participants at the end of the post - grab another cup of coffee and enjoy!

(Don't forget to join the Christian Paper Crafts blog hop featuring the guys on May 22!!)


Photobucket




14 comments:

  1. These are both FABULOUS NAtalie! The detail and dimension on your scene are simply FABULOUS and I LOVE your CAS card too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet, love the picnic cloth looking background in the park card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Natalie! I really love your cards for today! SO perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Natalie, two awesome cards!! The first one has amazing details and that second one....love CAS fr little boys! Thanks for sharing! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are wonderful. I love the scene you created on the top card. The other card is perfect for little guys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous cards Natalie. Love the great scene on the first one... great cutting job... and nice CAS design and colors on the second one. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your cards, especially the first one!! WAY cool, you are so talented!!! <3 you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super fun, Natalie! I love the red gingham paper on the top card...reminds me of a beautiful outdoor picnic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two fun guy cards - love the doggie on the bench with the picnic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't buy it that the puppy is just sitting there next to the basket of food. Mine would be ALL up in that basket! :) Can't believe all the cutting you did for this - in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well hello delightful Natalie! I almost used In the Park too and Kid at Heart so put together my weird card instead. I love how you did your park bench.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are both wonderful, Natalie! Love the sweet park scene and the CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What great cards! I especially like the first one - all the details are amazing.

    ReplyDelete