Monday, April 25, 2011

Our Daily Bread Design's Shine the Light challenge #58

Hello Delightful friends and family!


It's been ages since I've played along in an Our Daily Bread Designs challenge. But I thought I'd give it a go, the Design Team over there is fabulous and so I'm a little intimidated by all the talent over there but I couldn't pass up this fun sketch! The ladies that I'm acquainted with are such sweeties, so when I say I'm a bit intimidated that's totally my insecurities and not a reflection on them whatsoever! It is absolutely a wonderful blessing to have them as a partnering company at Christian Paper Crafts!!


I'm still in the "Mother's Day" mode when making cards so that's my theme with this card as well. Although the inside (so far) is blank, so it could be a card of encouragment for a friend.


(ODBDSLC#58) The stamp is from a set called Scripture Collection 4 (Our Daily Bread Designs) and I've used the Spellbinders Nestabilites Wonky Reverse Rectangles and I've sponged first with Distress Ink, Antique Linen and then used the Worn Lipstick (keeping the die in place), then removing the die, I've inked the edges with the Worn Lipstick. The verse was stamped with Palette, black ink. Before adhering everything together I machine stitched around the three main pieces (the matted designer paper).

I thought the gingham checked ribbon looked so cute with the floral paper by The Girl's Paperie (Kitch line). The ribbon and flower are from the Taylored Expressions Key Ingredient kit.


There are lots of layers to this card. The base is Choice Buttercream, next is Petunia (cut 1/8" smaller), then the designer paper 1/8" smaller than the pink Petunia. All of the card stock is Bazzill brand. The Sunbean (yellow c/s) is used to mat the smaller rectangles and is also the paper used to punch out the Photo Corner Scallop by EK Success. All of the Designer paper has been inked around the edges with Distress Ink, Worn Lipstick, also the photo corner has been inked although the picture doesn't show it. The verse has been popped up using dimensionals.


Thanks for looking and God bless you this week!! Looking forward to your delightful comments!!


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Natalie, I've commented on CPC already on this absolutely stunning card, but I had to come here as well! This card that you've created is so very beautiful and feminine! The DP is stunning and your choice of scripture awesome! Thanks so much for taking the time to play along in this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. no need to be intimidated! your card is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how beautiful Natalie!! I love the feminine details and your colors!! Beautiful way to highlight the scripture. Beautiful design and details. Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!
    blessings,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete