Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Word Art Wednesday Challenge - All A-boat You

Hello Delightful friends!

I had fun designing this card with the help of Lawn Fawn!  So you know, it's time for our Word Art Wednesday Challenge - Family Friendly/Anything Goes!  And of course our sponsor this week is Lawn Fawn - yippee!!  Love their products and their fun videos...fun, fun, fun!
This card uses the stamp set called Smooth Sailing and I love this sentiment.  I thought it would be perfect for Mother's Day especially if she loves sailing, the beach or visiting lighthouses. Living here on the coast all of those activities are available. 😊
I did used multiple techniques to create this card which included: paper piecing, fussy cutting, distress inking edges and diecutting.  I don't have the dies to this stamp set so I had to cut out the boat and the lighthouse.  I paper pieced the sails and the flag on the boat with the Lawn Fawn 6x6 pad called Polka In the Meadow, I used the paper to die cut the stitched circle and then cut out strips for the "rays". I used the Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside border dies to create the ocean waves and the sand.  On the blue card stock I inked the edges to give a bit of depth and then stamped the little waves in blue and one in white that is closer to the shoreline.  In the sky I've stamped three birds and I've colored the boat and the lighthouse with PrismaColor pencils.


Other Ingredients:
Card Stock: Gumball, Toffee, Sugar Cube (Taylored Expressions)
Inks: Gumball & Sugar Cube (TE); Jet Black (Altenew)
Glossy Accents (on galley windows on the boat and the windows on the lighthouse)
Stencil brush (TE)

This is the Scripture Art that is perfect for Mother's Day and it's free to use - head over to the Word Art Wednesday Blog and grab yours!


Hope you'll join us at Word Art Wednesday and share your "Anything Goes" creations!

Have a blessed week and thanks for visiting.

💗Natalie 



No comments:

Post a Comment