Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Anything Goes Challenge - Word Art Wednesday

Hello Delightful friends and family!

Can you believe it's already June!  I've been so busy with our daughter's wedding, that I've been just a bit neglectful of my blog, understandably!  Hopefully I can get back into the swing of things, I'd really like to update my blog and get to sharing a bit more.  I've been making a lot of cards but neglecting to share them here. I've also been teaching a card making class twice a month at our local Scrapbooking and craft store Scrapper's Edge.  (we've updated our website!)
Today I am sharing for Word Art Wednesday!  I hope you will check out the blog and join in our challenge.  It's an Anything Goes, (family friendly) challenge that you can share up to 5 new projects weekly.  Our sponsor this challenge is The Project Bin.  Be sure and check out their blog HERE for some crafty inspiration!

Here is my card for the challenge and our Word Art is from 2 Corinthians 6:18.  You can upload it at Word Art Wednesday (it's free!!) and if you are inspired to use it we would love to see you share it for our challenge but it's not a requirement.


I love this new paper (Wolf Pack - Heidi Swapp) it's a 6x6 paper pad (one of my paper addictions, those doggone paper packs!)  It's a fun outdoorsy theme and perfect for Father's Day and masculine-themed cards.   I chose 3 different designs from the pack for my card and added them to a desert storm card stock base. What I love about those paper packs is that all the papers coordinate so it really  makes for a quick and easy card.  I trimmed the Scripture Art and added it to a piece of woodgrain card stock.  I inked the edges with Distress ink - Brush corduroy. 

The apostle Paul  starts off the 6th chapter of 2nd Corinthians with "We then, as workers together with Him also plead with you not to receive the grace of God in vain." and then he goes on in this chapter to paraphrase a few Old Testament scriptures and instruct us to be separate from the world.  But what I find so interesting is that God wants us to be workers together with Him for our good! God's best for us is never indulgent inactivity, no we are not called to be couch potatoes!  We are ambassadors for Christ, fulfilling God's work.  Trust God, rely on Him, and then see how His work is accomplished. The verse in our Scripture art is part of a call for us to be different from the world, we are expected to live differently when we are His children.  We have a different purpose and that is to glorify our Father.  Isn't it wonderful to know that He claims us as sons and daughters?  It's a blessing as we abide in Jesus and stay faithful to Him. It's a wonderful promise for us when we are willing to separate ourselves from the world's influence and live godly lives that honor our King.

Thanks for visiting!!


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. i love your card, Natalie. The strips of greens at the bottom are awesome. Thank you so much for sharing your talents. I pray that your (our) art will bless others and draw them to our precious Lord and Savior, Jesus. Have a blessed week!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete