Saturday, August 27, 2016

Love Books - Seize the Birthday challenge


Hello Delightful friends and family!

Here's a birthday card I made my little nephew who just turned two.  I will be sharing this at the Seize the Birthday Challenge blog - tags for the toppings (optional).


I've water colored this sweet image from Dreamer Land Crafts called Enjoying the Storybook.  I try to do themed birthday gifts with my cards and Sawyer loves books and his mama says he could use some new ones (or rather she could use some new ones to read to him!!)  So that's the theme this year: books.
I've used my Zig Clean Color real brush markers from Kuretake.(love these markers!) The pattern paper is from the cute Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid 6x6 petite paper pack.  I've used Desert Storm card stock for the base.  The Die I've used is a Spellbinder Nestabilities Label 22 (but I cut off the rounded edge to fit the A2 card, I think it looks much better, too!).  The water color paper I've used is Strathmore 140lb cold press.  The sentiment on the front is from Stamper's Anonymous called Crazy Talk.

I'm back from a few days vacation to the Bay Area (San Francisco) enjoyed a bit of R&R! Enjoyed fellowship day at the ballpark with Christian Athletes from the S.F. Giants team and afterwards a wonderful concert with Matthew West!  And of course my husband and I celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary, too!! 

Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day!!

For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.   2 Corinthians 5:21


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful job on the water coloring for this cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your watercolouring is wonderful, and that's such a sweet image! I bet your nephew will love it :) Thanks so much for playing along at Seize The Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This perfectly colored image is just so sweet!!

    Thank you for joining us at Seize The Birthday! We love seeing you in the gallery!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete