Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Word Art Wednesday #207

Hello Delightful Friends and Family!
I cannot believe that October is almost over!!
And I have been so neglectful in visiting your blogs but I've been trying to get ready for a boutique in a couple of weeks plus  designing and preparing for the card classes in November and December at Scrapper's Edge our local scrapbook store. Just a little bit overwhelmed.... So I hope you all forgive me (and you could pray for me too!)
Here is my card for this weeks' Word Art Wednesday.  I've used one of our sponsors (Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps) stamp sets called Sunshine and Flowers which after I made the card realized it was no longer available. (bummer!!!) It's such a cute set.  Korin (owner of Sweet 'n Sassy) has a great selection of stamps. I have 3 sets of their sentiments that I LOVE!  Such encouraging words and full of faith.


I used a waterbrush and Distress Inks to color this sweet image after embossing in white on Ranger Water Color paper.  The pattern paper is from Doodle Bug (Fall Friends 6x6). I printed the Scripture on Neenah white card stock.
I will be sharing this at the Daily Marker - 30 Day Challenge also. 

I hope you will read the Gospel of John Chapter 15, it is full of encouragement and truth that will build your faith.  Every time I read it I get more out of it.  This is so true! When reading the Bible, I can't help but come to the conclusion that it is God-breathed, the integrity of design is all over it, from Genesis to Revelation.  The analogy of the Vine and the branches should speak to your heart the importance of abiding in Christ.  But don't take my word for it, check it out for yourself and read the whole thing in it's context. Be like the Bereans in Acts 17:11 "who searched the Scriptures daily...."

"If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire and it shall be done for you.  By this My Father is glorified that you bear much fruit, so you will be My disciples."  John 15:7-8  

Thanks for visiting! 


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Lets try again... :D

    Wow Natalie that is bizarre!!... or not really when you think of our LORD that verse came to me tonight as was praying for a closing verse or actually the "without Me ye can do nothing.." part and so part of it is on my post I wrote an hour ago
    I had already put two other passages on it so abbreviated it a bit..

    ... love what you have done with your card... well done, indeedy! Love the colours, and simplicity of the image.

    ... the WAW site isn't up yet so cant link over have to go to bed now,'
    happy Wednesday
    Shaz in oz.x

    {Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card Natalie! Missed seeing you at the Scrappers Edge the other day! I love the verse and will be reading your prescribed reading today!

    ReplyDelete