Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Birthday Balloons

Hello!
Hope you all are having a wonderful week!  Here is a card I did for a birthday last week but hadn't had time to post.  I will be sharing this at Seize the Birthday (Topping: Make your own background) this is my second card to share for the challenge.  The stamp set is from Avery Elle (Balloons).


I stamped the Happy and Birthday with Avery Elle Pigment Ink (Raspberry and Lemon Grass) and the "to you" is Archival Ink (buttercup).  I've embossed with Wow clear embossing powder.  I also used the Avery Elle Dies that coordinate with this stamp set and thankfully the little embellishments are part of the die set, too.  If you look close you can see my "mess ups" with the stamping of those little "confetti" pieces which is part of my background.  The background  confetti was an afterthought which was really dumb on my part because I had already adhered the balloons!  So.... I laid  down some of the coordinating inks on white c/s and then embossed it in clear, then die cut confetti pieces  and added them to the card to add dimension and "kind of"  clean up my goofs. (Note to self: backgrounds should be done before layers are added!) Well that's it for me today, super busy day at work today and I'm exhausted tonight, so I will pass up the craftroom tonight and probably browse Pinterest for some  inspiration!

Take care and thanks for visiting!!

A man has joy by the answer of his mouth,
And a word spoken in due season, how good it is! Proverbs 15:23


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. What a fun card, Natalie! It's so festive and cheerful! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun and cheerful card. Love the balloons. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you layered the balloons and added the confetti! Thanks for joining us over at Seize the Birthday and we love when our players play more then once! So thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete