Sunday, August 10, 2014

A Grill Father Birthday

Hello Delightful Friends and Family!
I'ts been a hugely busy two weeks with some extra church services,work,  family activities and summer fun, too! Including two new babies born to my nieces (congrats Shae & Bobbi!!!!), my son-in-laws birthday, hiking and a bonfire with s'mores on the beach  I cannot believe I had time to squeeze in a card or two but I did!
Here is a card I made for my son-in-law Ray who loves to barbecue (and very good at it I must say!) and so this was absolutely the perfect image to color for his card.  I've used three different stamp sets but the main focal point is from Art Impressions, the sentiment is Boys Will be Boys (Taylored Expressions)

I've colored the Grill Father with Copics and paper pieced the cooking mitt.  I watched a Sandy Allnock YouTube to learn how to make the illusions of the BBQ smoke and fire.  I went with the simple version but be sure and check out Sandy's videos they are incredible!  Maybe next time I'll get brave and try the more advanced background.

The stamps inside the card: Avery Elle (sentiment from Surf's Up) and the grill is from the Taylored Expressions (Boys will be Boys); I've used Archival Jet Black ink and Hero Arts Shadow Ink Mid Tone Red Royal.
Other ingredients:
The designer paper is from the 6x6 pad from Simple Stories Summer Fresh. The base is Neenah Desert Storm card stock and I've used red Bazzill c/s to mat the focal image, Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Seize the Birthday
Word Art Wednesday #144
Sister Act Card #69
Great Impressions (August Birthday Bash)

Thanks so much for visiting!!

And those who are peacemakers will plant seeds of peace and reap a harvest of goodness.  James 3:18 (NLT)

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. This is so much fun! I love that image. It would be a great one for my husband. lol Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! What a super fun card! Fabulous for a man...who thinks he can grill! ;) Or one that really CAN grill! Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions! :) HUGS! Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute as can be - love it! Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions for our Birthday Bash Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. This cute and funny...I love Art Impressions stamp as they are always on the fun side...Marvelous job on this one. Thanks for blessing us with your wonderful entree at our Challenge at Word Art Wednesday...Please join us again in our new Challenge starting today. Want to share this verse with you from Psalm 147:11. "The LORD delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love." God bless!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card! Great coloring and fun technique on the smoke. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Sister Act. Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card - love your smoke and flames! Thanks so much for playing along at Seize The Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That image is just too darn cute! Love your coloring! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Great Impressions!

    ReplyDelete