Thursday, January 16, 2014

Thank You card - Tuesday Morning Sketches #232

Hello Delightful friends and family,
This week is just speeding by isn't it!  Just a quick post to share a card and play in a challenge that I don't believe I've ever participated in before, then Addy and I must go and walk Ruby my oldest daughter's dog and then pick up Jakob from school!
  Tuesday Morning Sketches has a sketch and then the added twist is to make a monochromatic or tone on tone card. I have a couple more thank you cards to make so here is one I made to go along with the challenge.

Sorry the picture quality isn't the greatest. I really need to work on that. The card is so much prettier in person. I am really disappointed how it looks in the photo.  It looks like the leaning Tower of Pisa (boo-hoo!)

Here is the challenge sketch.

My ingredients: 
Designer paper: My Minds Eye: Meadowlark
Stamp: Crafty Individuals (CI - 385); Paper Smooches (Sentiment Sampler set)
Black card stock: Bazzill; Gray card stock: my stash
Twinklettes (Rhinestones on flowers - Taylored Expressions
Dies:  Spellbinder, Nestabilities (scallop circle and standard circle)
MFT, Die-Namics Fishtail Flag Stax

Thanks again for visiting!  

Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith.
  Colossians 2:6-7

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Great take on this sketch. Love your card, the design and the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHH! I don't think I've ever played along with this challenge either! MUST put it on my "to do" list! <3

    LOOOOOVE your b/w theme! LOOOOOOVE that stamped image!!! And I think your photo is fine-- couldn't be worse than me losing my entire video!!! A "Tower of Pisa" is better than nothing:) LOL! Great job <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i love this one!!! very pretty and beautiful image :)
    hum, i see a new challenge i need to check out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! LOVE the floral image focal! Great monochrome look! Simply stunning! Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card in the pic so it must be really amazing IRL!!! I love the DP!
    Thanks for sharing with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh, this is just gorgeous! Love your stamping and the way that the patterns compliment each other!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Side-fold cards are really hard to photograph! I always find mine look tilty. Sometimes you can fix it with your editing software - I just use free Picasa, and it has a 'straighten' option that's a lifesaver :)
    I love the mix of patterns & the great font of the sentiment :) Thanks for coming to play at Tuesday Morning Sketches with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Natalie, this is a perfect monochromatic card! Thanks for using our sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete