Saturday, January 5, 2013

Thank you!

Hello Delightful friends and family and happy weekend to all of you! 
 I'm not sure if it's blogger or my lack of "tech" sense tonight but I'm sure having a difficult time uploading pictures onto my blog.  I finally just gave up and did a restart to see if that would work!  I'm keeping my fingers crossed!! (ha!) 
 I just wanted to share a couple of thank you cards I've made and pass on that I've purchased the Paper Crafts 75 Creative Card Challenges magazine and boy was there some great card designs!  Today has been the day to be inspired, I was checking out some of the blogs I follow and found some cool techniques I want to try.  So, taking my gift card (Christmas gift from one of my daughters) to Scrapper's Edge (where I also work, but not today!) I purchased some glossy paper and two more delicious colors of Distress Ink for a future project.  Pretty nice I didn't have to spend a penny! 
 
 Well, the restart worked I guess I'm more tech savvy than I thought! :-)
 
 
Ingredients: Designer Paper: Fancy Pants (Country Boutique) Bazzill and Neenah card stock; Ink: Memento tuxedo black; Stamp: PTI (thank you inside and out); Ribbon: Taylored Expressions Key Ingredient kit; Dies: Spellbinders Nestabilities.  The design is from a card  I CASE'd, which is pinned on my Cards and Tags board at Pinterest.
 
My second card is CAS and I used a resist emboss technique.  The stamps: Taylored Expressions (Make a Wish and Falling For You); Ink: Ranger  Distress Ink (Picked Raspberry) and Memento Tuxedo Black; Ribbon (my stash); Queen & Co Washi Tape and wood heart from a TE Key Ingredient Kit; Tsukineko Versamark Ink and clear embossing powder (Ranger); Ace Hardware Masking Tape;  Neenah bright white card stock is my base.  My picture is on the dark side, I took it outside to photograph, it seems to be more true to the colors when I do.  But this photo really doesn't do it justice, I think it's much nicer in person.  If and when I do this again I'd like to see the sentiment down just a bit, but for a CAS card I was pretty happy, especially when it's way out of my comfort zone! I'm not used to so much white space.

So I did just get a little notice from blogger that there are errors happening (duh!) I just lost my signature!  Oh well, I'm not starting over and my new computer doesn't have the graphic saved to it so I'm just going to have to leave it off this post. It's getting late and I need to get to bed so I can get up early and play ;-)  Hope you all have a fantastic weekend. I'm looking forward getting in to my craft room and I'm going to try and  ignore the Christmas decorations that really need to be put away....where are those elves when we really need them?

For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sakes He became poor, that you through His poverty might become rich.   2 Corinthians 8:9



Blessings to you!!
 
Natalie
 (minus my cute little signature that Nina B made me)

 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Yep Natalie, I was having the same problem trying to post yesterday also. But so glad you were able to post these delightful cards. Just beautiful. Enjoy your crafting today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards, Natalie! I may just need to go out and purchase that magazine so I can get the creative juices flowing, so thanks for the heads up. Have a very happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and i thought it was just me that blogger was mad at!!
    glad you got it to post :)

    beautiful cards and i love the second one!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards. I love the first one, so elegant. You did a fabulous job on both.

    ReplyDelete