Saturday, December 15, 2012

Joy Fold Cards - Snowflakes

Hello Delightful friends and family,
I'm finally able to post the cards I made for our Ladies Ministry Christmas Party!  My card theme was snowflakes as you can see by the pictures.  I shared with the ladies how we are unique as a snowflake being fearfully and wonderfully made by God.  Just as God has a treasury of snow, we are His treasure, too - created for His glory!
 
I had a couple of cards left over to share. The Joy Fold Technique I used is found at Splitcoast Stampers on their resource page.  I've made each card a little different, using 4 different embossing folders and two different paper patterns (double sided) from this years Christmas Bo Bunny Powder Mountain collection.  The card stock is Bazzill and Neenah bright white.  The stamp set is Christmas Blessing from Our Daily Bread Designs.  I love all the Christmas sentiments that ODBD have in their online store here. I've used three different dies: Spellbinders Nestabilites scallop oval, deckled rectangle and the Sizzix Sizzlits mini snowflake rosettes. In place of ribbon, I chose to use Tulle in white and pale blue.  I've attached each snowflake rosette on the tulle bow with a repositionable Zots Dots (adhesive) so that they could be removed, the tulle slips through the hole at the edge of the snowflake and could be used as an ornament!
 
#1

#2 

Inside top fold 
ODBD stamp on the inside panel and the ink is Nautical Blue (Memento)

 The center of the snowflake I've added silver Stickles (Ranger).  I ended up making 24 cards!  Whew!! It was fun to do and I'm glad the ladies enjoyed them.  
 
 Thanks so much for visiting!!
 
For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.  Isaiah 9:6
 
 
 
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Natalie, the cards are so beautiful. I love the fold you used and love the snowflakes that you have embellished with, they are gorgeous. Great job, beautiful cards. Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards! Love the addition of the tulle! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just beautiful, Natalie! Twenty-four? Wow!! Your snowflakes are the perfect accent and love the stickles and the clever design!! Blessings to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHHH! This is beautiful! I cannnnnnot believe you made 24 of these cards! That's so much work---but totally worth it! I bet the ladies that attended were blessed! I know I am by just visiting this post and reading about how unique I am (just like a snowflake!)!! Sometimes I forget this! THANKS for sharing:) LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Natalie! Your cards are BEAUTIFUL! Love that gorgeous blue! What a nice idea for your event. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Natalie how sweet is that and so beautiful. I love the fact that we are individually made and just as unique as a snowflake. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas Natalie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ps...just got your message on my blog:) THANK YOU and Merry CHRISTmas to you too!!!!!!!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete