Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sketch Some Sunshine and Color Me Thankful

Hello Delightful friends and family, 
I've been really slacking on posting here lately.  It's amazing how fast each week is flying by!  I keep getting sidetracked!  I did manage to get a couple of cards done the last couple of weeks for World Card Making "Month" over at the Taylored Expressions Stamp 'N Send Forum at SCS.  The first card is a sketch challenge and I will be taking this to our lss for the Operation Write Home cards that are being collected there.  There are prizes to be won so go check it out the link!
 
 Here is the sketch we were given for the challenge last week:

Here is the color challenge this week:


Here is my card that I will be sending to my friend Molly in Vallejo, Ca. I know she likes sunflowers and bling!


Here are the ingredients for each card:
Hello Card:  Paper: Imaginisce (Apple Cider-Cinnamon Sticks collection) Bazzill card stock; Stamps: Taylored Expressions: Thankful set; Love Grows Here set; Ink: Memento, rich cocoa; Distress Inks, black soot; Accessories: button (Taylored Expressions Key Ingredient kit); Darice Hemp cord ;Tools: Tim Holtz Alterations:Mini Tattered Floral, Taylored Expressions: Scallop border, It's in the bag, label. Embossing folder: Tim Holtz Alterations: Thankful borders (I embossed the scallop border) Cuttlebug; Copic Markers:E19, E37, E55, E97; Y17, Y35, YG95, YG97.

Thankful Thoughts Card: Paper: BoBunny Forever Fall Collection; Bazzill card stock; Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Distress Ink, Black Soot; Stamps: Taylored Expressions - Thankful set; Accessories: Ribbon (Taylored Expressions Key Ingredient Kit); Rhinestones:MME Fine and dandy collection; Copic Markers: E37,39; Y13; G43, 46; YR15, 23;Tools:  Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics B dies, Cuttlebug.

Just a little side note:
I've been doing a very good Bible Study by Jennifer Rothschild called "Missing Pieces"
Here is a little nugget for you from one of the daily studies:  "God's children do not live by answers, we live by faith.  We choose to take Him as He is... not I wish, but I AM."

My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest." 
Exodus 33:14

Thanks so much for visiting and I appreciate the sweet comments.  God bless!


Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS Natalie, these cards are fabulous! You outdid yourself on these. GORGEOUS! Blessings my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie, both cards are gorgeous. I love sunflowers too. These are colored so beautiful and your papers are beautiful too. I love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOOOOOOOW! Looks like you've been busy!!! LOVE the sunflowers--gorgeous!!! Esp. that first card! BEAUTIFULLY done:)

    And I totally understand slacking in posting! LOL! Glad you are doing well!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful fall cards Natalie!! I hope all is well with you and your family.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty!! What gorgeous fall colors/flowers :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cards. . .so crisp and seasonal! Lovely work! Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, both are so Beautiful Natalie! I Love sunflowers too and I know your friend is going to Love her card! 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete