Friday, October 14, 2011

An October Gracious Glimpse

Welcome to the Christian Paper Crafts last day for the October Design Team's sneak peeks called Gracious Glimpses!  If you've missed out on the first four days please check out the Creative Blog and see all the beautiful cards and projects supplied by my sweet sister's in Christ!  They are a talented group!  I've crafted a card that it's quite simple in design and only a little time consuming with the embossing and ink blending on the base card stock.  I've started with a base (kraft card stock - Bazzill) that is 4.75 x 6 (when folded) so the dimensions may require me to make a customized envelope.  If you should try this you could always change the size to A2 which is standard.
I began by embossing with Versamark using one of the leaf stamps from the Simple Blessings stamps (Unity Stamp Co) and clear embossing powder (Ranger).  After I heated the embossing powder, I used a blending tool (Ranger) and began blending Distress Ink, (Aged Mahagony) over the base.  After I was satisfied with the coverage I used Distress Ink, Vintage Photo all around the edges.
Next, I cut a piece of card stock (dk brown) 5 x 3.5 and a piece of the designer paper (BoBunny - Forever Fall collection 6x6 pack) 1/8" smaller than the card stock.  I adhered them together.  Then added the Darice Hemp Cording, tied a bow and added an adhesive pearl (Hero Arts).  The sentiment (Unity Stamp Co. Simple Blessing set) was stamped on a coordinating piece of designer paper and then cut 3.75 x 1.25. I then used the Aged Mahogany Distress ink around the edges to darken.  Another piece of dk brown card stock was cut an 1/8 of an inch larger and the two pieces were adhered together then using dimensionals added to the card.


Quick and easy inside to finish off the card.  The designer paper is another piece that comes from the BoBunny collection and I stamped the leaf in the corner to tie it all together!
Here are a couple of Scriptures that I thought would be very appropriate to share since our theme is "Giving Thanks"

Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name. Hebrews 13:15

Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Don't forget to give thanks to Jesus who gave Himself for us that we could be reconciled to God the Father!!

Thanks for visiting and I hope that you have a wonderful Autumn! 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment