Thursday, September 29, 2011

Stamping in Time with Our Daily Bread Designs!

The challenge week is to distress and so boy did I distress!! Welcome to Delightful Details! 

 Today I'm playing in a challenge from Our Daily Bread Designs called Stamping in Time.  This week the challenge is to distress.  The distressing can be by inking up edges, using a distressing tool, crumble up paper, you name it, and so I did it!
(SNTODBD44)
I cut my base from Bazzill (Aqua) card stock and set it aside (A2 size).  Next I cut a piece of designer paper, (Dream Street Papers - Father Knows Best - Arties Tie) crumbled it up and then using my fingernail I distressed around the edges of the paper.  Then I used a blending tool (Ranger) and inked all around the paper with Ranger Distress Ink (Vintage photo).  Then I adhered it to the base.

This middle piece is actually Sticky Back Canvas (Claudine Hellmuth) which I've prepped with Gesso (this was done ahead of time) and then I used  the following Claudine Hellmuth Studio acrylic paints: altered orange, classic teal, sable brown, traditional tan (base), dab of yellow, yellow pastel and dab of red.  I wasn't sure what I was doing to be perfectly honest with you!  But after the paint was on and smeared and combed and splattered with a toothbrush, then I stamped over the wet paint with one of the stamps from the Artful Flight (Tim Holtz Stamper's Anonymous, the flourishy looking stamp) It just leaves a subtle design.  I used a heat gun to dry, then I stamped the Our Daily Bread Designs Scripture Collection 4 verse from Philippians 4:6 with Memento Tuxudo Black ink.  In retrospect, I wish that I had lightened up the center so the verse would have stood out more.  (next time!)
Here are the accessories I've used they include all buttons from Taylored Expressions Key Ingredient Kit (Sept); The Darice Hemp twine (curlies) was twisted around a paint brush and I added Studio Multi-medium (matte) to stiffen and then cut to size and adhered with Glossy Accents.  The little butterfly stamp (Taylored Expressions - Summer Wreath) was stamped on the left over Sticky Back Canvas and then fussy cut (2) and adhered to the card.  The flowers I've used come from Making Memories and BoBunny. The aqua colored flower I crumbled then used Distress Ink (Vintage Photo) to distress and age it.  Whew, I think that about covers it! 

I couldn't help but think about the word distress and that doesn't sound like something we like to go through in our daily walk but in reality we do go through things that are quite distressing so I think the verse on the card really says it all!  It's a really good verse to memorize and take to heart.  The two verses before it in the Bible says "Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I say, rejoice!  Let your gentleness be known to all men, the Lord is at hand" (verses 4&5)  Have a blessed day and rejoice!
Thanks for visiting and have an excellent day!
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Girlfriend! I think you have yourself a winner! This is fabulous! LOVE that canvas and the incredible texture! Great work! Love your write up, too! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie this is really a beauty! I love all the distressing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful colors and design. lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Natalie, this is absolutely stunning! Wonderful rich colors and the distressing is amazing! Thanks so much for playing ODBD Stamping In Time distressing challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool collection by the Natalie!!!
    You have been done a great job ,Wonderful rich colors and the distressing is amazing !! I appreciate your work....
    custom credit cards

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a fabulous card-beautiful colors and distressing, natalie:)

    ReplyDelete