Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Confessions and Love Birds...

I understand that confession is good for the soul...

Aaaaah!!!!! I'm so far behind in the challenges at Christian Paper Crafts, I'm so behind I'm ashamed of myself!! That's my confession!

Gloria has been sharing and creating some FABULOUS sketches and I've dropped the ball! As a matter of fact there are new challenges every day but Sunday from color, sketches, scrapbooking, Bible Verse Thursday, Fun challenges on Friday, CASEing, CAS, journaling and more! But I got so busy with the holidays and our "Love is in the Air" gallery reveal on January 15 that I've neglected all the other challenges. The good news is that there are no challenge police!! (whew!) Tonight I'm going to feature one card from last weeks sketch and then post this weeks sketch for y'all! (I have been busy in all fairness, so please out of the kindness of your heart please, please forgive me!) I would feel EVEN better if you were to go and check out the CREATIVE BLOG for Christian Paper Crafts!

I think you are going to like my card, maybe even love it!! This little stamp from Hero Arts is so stinkin' cute!! And the background owl paper, I love it! I got the next to last piece at Scrapper's Edge (where I work) and today someone snatch the last piece - kinda wishin' I had grabbed it first! Oh well. And the cute little sentiment on the front is from the new "KID AT HEART" set from TAYLORED EXPRESSIONS, It was all perfect for the sketch challenge. Of course, I took a little creative liberty and instead of an oval shape I did a heart. (I know Gloria will approve!) The ingredients are listed at the end of the post.


A finished inside card (whoo-hoo or is it in this case Hoot-hoot!!)

THIS WEEKS SKETCH!!!


Recipe for card: Designer Paper: My Minds Eye "Fine and Dandy" collection; Card Stock: Bazzill, kraft and Neenah bright white; Ink: Memento, rich cocoa and cantaloupe; Embellishments: American Crafts, ribbon; Tools: Marvy Uchida, scallop heart punch; EK Success, diamond scallop border punch. Stamps: Hero Arts (owls); Taylored Expressions (Love birds sentiment) Unity Stamp Co (inside sentiment); COPIC markers to color.

Thanks for stopping by and you know I love to read those delightful comments!!

No comments:

Post a Comment